Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

bootsncats wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:00 pm Just starting the birthday video for Gaines and right off the bat, it makes me sad for Brooks. Just the title of the videos... "Brooks Turns Four!" and "Our Baby Girl Turns 6 Years Old (with a cry face emoji)!!" shows favoritism. When Brooks came down on his birthday, he didn't even get a hug from either one of his parents. Of course, Katie gives Gaines a big hug and picks her up and squeezes her.

Katie stood off to the side while Brooks looked at his random junk but of course, got down on the floor and was totally engaged with Gaines while she opened all of her perfectly picked and themed gifts. They were more worried about making sure Brooks gave proper attention and thanks to the "worm coloring book" that Gaines made for him than about making Brooks feel special on HIS special day. And yes, I think Gaines got many more presents than Brooks. He seemed to get a bunch of pajamas/clothes (and remember, Gaines also got them for the beach trip!) and just random toys that I'm sure they were sent for free. They actually went and picked specific toys for Gaines. It is just heartbreaking.

And wow... Gaines got to see all of her grandparents on her birthday and get her gifts from them. Brooks, if he did get to even see them, didn't get any of that filmed at all. Gaines got a TON of presents and attention for her birthday and I don't feel like Brooks's birthday came even close to that....What is wrong with them?!?
This is the reason I didn't dare watching. I clicked on the video to dislike it, the title had said enough, and quickly leave the video again. The sad irony also is that Brooks in reality is her baby boy. Gaines got soooo many more presents and attention, even the sleepover in the hotel was delivered in an instant to Gaines' heart to be fulfilled. She will be rotten spoiled and I can't help but hope people in her future will notice and she will not be that popular as Katie thinks Gaines deserves to be. Gaines is treated as being special and a princess, i.e. superhuman, and as being more important than her little brother, exactly what you should do to raise a narcissist. She is witnessing disrespect and looking down upon her brother first hand, and she will treat him as such in their future "sibling" relationship, which Katie has ruined. Cullen is a weakling and dumb-ass first-class. Not that Katie is intelligent, far from it. Katie feels supported by granddolly also, and what better support than from your mom, because granddolly favors Gaines too.
PirateWench8
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by PirateWench8 »

lovingthisforum wrote:
bootsncats wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:00 pm Just starting the birthday video for Gaines and right off the bat, it makes me sad for Brooks. Just the title of the videos... "Brooks Turns Four!" and "Our Baby Girl Turns 6 Years Old (with a cry face emoji)!!" shows favoritism. When Brooks came down on his birthday, he didn't even get a hug from either one of his parents. Of course, Katie gives Gaines a big hug and picks her up and squeezes her.

Katie stood off to the side while Brooks looked at his random junk but of course, got down on the floor and was totally engaged with Gaines while she opened all of her perfectly picked and themed gifts. They were more worried about making sure Brooks gave proper attention and thanks to the "worm coloring book" that Gaines made for him than about making Brooks feel special on HIS special day. And yes, I think Gaines got many more presents than Brooks. He seemed to get a bunch of pajamas/clothes (and remember, Gaines also got them for the beach trip!) and just random toys that I'm sure they were sent for free. They actually went and picked specific toys for Gaines. It is just heartbreaking.

And wow... Gaines got to see all of her grandparents on her birthday and get her gifts from them. Brooks, if he did get to even see them, didn't get any of that filmed at all. Gaines got a TON of presents and attention for her birthday and I don't feel like Brooks's birthday came even close to that....What is wrong with them?!?
This is the reason I didn't dare watching. I clicked on the video to dislike it, the title had said enough, and quickly leave the video again. The sad irony also is that Brooks in reality is her baby boy. Gaines got soooo many more presents and attention, even the sleepover in the hotel was delivered in an instant to Gaines' heart to be fulfilled. She will be rotten spoiled and I can't help but hope people in her future will notice and she will not be that popular as Katie thinks Gaines deserves to be. Gaines is treated as being special and a princess, i.e. superhuman, and as being more important than her little brother, exactly what you should do to raise a narcissist. She is witnessing disrespect and looking down upon her brother first hand, and she will treat him as such in their future "sibling" relationship, which Katie has ruined. Cullen is a weakling and dumb-ass first-class. Not that Katie is intelligent, far from it. Katie feels supported by granddolly also, and what better support than from your mom, because granddolly favors Gaines too.
Cullen is every bit as bad as Katie and favors Gaines over Brooks just like Katie does. The only ones in that family that seem to treat Brooks right are Brittany, Corey and Grandberry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

The way C&K have ruined Gaines' relationship with Brooks (or are well on the way to doing so) is one of the things I find absolutely unforgivable. My kids aren't as close as I wish they were, but my son is trying to be better now that he's grown up some and understands that his sister has special needs and isn't just being obnoxious. I adore my brother. Britany and Cullen are obviously close. Unless some miracle happens, Gaines and Brooks will never have any kind of special bond.
Berry may try to give Brooks equal treatment, but I have seen her stop what she was doing with Brooks and turn back to Gaines because she squawked. There was one time in particular when she was giving the kids some books as gifts, and for some reason they were all in the car, and Berry was leaning in the window. She gave Gaines her books and then went to Brooks' side of the car, and Gaines (I'm convinced) dropped her book on purpose, and had a cow, and Berry dutifully stopped talking to Brooks and ran back to Gaines side of the car to get her book back to her. Hopefully as Brooks gets older Britany will continue to give him extra attention. Good thing about the internet being forever: Brooks will have plenty of evidence to explain why he's always felt "less than". I just hope he avoids the addiction trap that his dad and aunt fell into.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

bootsncats
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by bootsncats »

They changed the title of the video!! It was "Our Baby Girl Turns Six Years Old!" and now it is just "Gaines Turns Six Years Old" just like Brooks's video was "Brooks Turns Four." Totally convinced that they read here and that is why it was changed... why else would they change it?!?

Maybe instead of just changing the title of the video... do some DEEP reflection on the way you treat your son and work hard to make changes NOW before there is irreversible damage.
ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ICantEven »

bootsncats wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:09 am They changed the title of the video!! It was "Our Baby Girl Turns Six Years Old!" and now it is just "Gaines Turns Six Years Old" just like Brooks's video was "Brooks Turns Four." Totally convinced that they read here and that is why it was changed... why else would they change it?!?
Yeah the timing sure makes it seem that way. I don't know what role the title plays in the algorithm, but I think some YouTubers change titles to try to get recommended to new people. Like maybe "baby girl" would show up more broadly and "gaines birthday" is something their followers might search for later on when watching older videos. So changing titles could help maximize views if done well.

Anyway all of that to say, Cullen and Katie are way too lazy to worry about stuff like that. They don't treat their channel like a business at all. Much more likely they changed the title because of criticism, which is ironic considering Katie is so strong and confident now, not worried at all about what people think... Haha.
bootsncats
Amateur
Amateur

ICantEven wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:25 am
bootsncats wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:09 am They changed the title of the video!! It was "Our Baby Girl Turns Six Years Old!" and now it is just "Gaines Turns Six Years Old" just like Brooks's video was "Brooks Turns Four." Totally convinced that they read here and that is why it was changed... why else would they change it?!?
Yeah the timing sure makes it seem that way. I don't know what role the title plays in the algorithm, but I think some YouTubers change titles to try to get recommended to new people. Like maybe "baby girl" would show up more broadly and "gaines birthday" is something their followers might search for later on when watching older videos. So changing titles could help maximize views if done well.

Anyway all of that to say, Cullen and Katie are way too lazy to worry about stuff like that. They don't treat their channel like a business at all. Much more likely they changed the title because of criticism, which is ironic considering Katie is so strong and confident now, not worried at all about what people think... Haha.
That's a good point... I didn't even think about it being a business related move. Likely b/c as you said, they don't treat their channel like a business and have no real work ethic at all. But, it's always good to consider all possibilities. I'm still leaning towards it being b/c of the criticism of the title, though! :P
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

If she is 6, she's not a "baby girl" anymore. I agree with the algorithm theory. It's the reason vloggers call kids "toddlers" until they are actually in kindergarten, sometimes even later. "Toddler" gets more views than "child", or "preschooler". Remember that stupid fake "caught on camera" video of Ollie "helping" Finn get out of his crib? I think Ollie was 5 at the time, and they called it "toddler helps baby brother out of crib", or something along those lines. This is How We Bingham did a bunch of videos when their daughter broke her arm, that all had "toddler" in the title.
Or, it could be because of criticism.

Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

They still treat Gaines like a baby in many ways especially compared to Brooks. They let that child get away with murder and seem to expect more from Brooks than Gaines.

I remember a vlog where Katie was chastising Brooks for not saying "yes ma'am" and "yes sir" yet didn't say a word to Gaines who is two whole years older!

I just cannot stand parents who favor one child. Why did you even bother to have a second child if you can't love them for their own individual strengths and personalities.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

PirateWench8
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by PirateWench8 »

lmmomSD wrote:If she is 6, she's not a "baby girl" anymore. I agree with the algorithm theory. It's the reason vloggers call kids "toddlers" until they are actually in kindergarten, sometimes even later. "Toddler" gets more views than "child", or "preschooler". Remember that stupid fake "caught on camera" video of Ollie "helping" Finn get out of his crib? I think Ollie was 5 at the time, and they called it "toddler helps baby brother out of crib", or something along those lines. This is How We Bingham did a bunch of videos when their daughter broke her arm, that all had "toddler" in the title.
Ollie was three almost four at the time. Finn was 19 months old. It was in early June 2017.

lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

lmmomSD wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:45 am If she is 6, she's not a "baby girl" anymore. I agree with the algorithm theory. It's the reason vloggers call kids "toddlers" until they are actually in kindergarten, sometimes even later. "Toddler" gets more views than "child", or "preschooler". Remember that stupid fake "caught on camera" video of Ollie "helping" Finn get out of his crib? I think Ollie was 5 at the time, and they called it "toddler helps baby brother out of crib", or something along those lines. This is How We Bingham did a bunch of videos when their daughter broke her arm, that all had "toddler" in the title.
Yes!! I wasn't sure if maybe in the English language it was normal to call her baby girl and in a sense your children always stay your babies, so I thought alas, but it still felt awkward and inappropriate, especially in sharp contrast that she never experienced Brooks as her baby (the youngest) child. I still have a hard time believing she couldn't stand Gaines after Brooks was born when she had (a mild form of) PPD. Or maybe she was weird in projecting her hate for Brooks onto Gaines to deny her dislike of Brooks, and she still denies since she always kept claiming it was Gaines who she disliked after Brooks was born. Another negative thing in her life that is Brooks' fault in a sense.
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

PirateWench8 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:51 am
Cullen is every bit as bad as Katie and favors Gaines over Brooks just like Katie does. The only ones in that family that seem to treat Brooks right are Brittany, Corey and Grandberry.

Yes, but it's not just like Katie. Cullen jumped on Katie's bandwagon because he is a weakling and fool, he is also too blind to know it doesn't help to be nice to Katie in an effort to prevent she would leave him. Cullen was the one that was there for Brooks, always, since he was born. Katie NEVER bonded with Brooks. Resulting for instance in pictures and footage of Brooks always being with Cullen and Katie having Gaines. When I mentioned this here, they tried to change it for a while and posted and filmed it the other way around. Then they forgot and showed their true colors again. Lately Cullen changed and openly favors Gaines, like abruptly turning the camera away from Brooks while he was trying to say something because god forbid queen Gaines can't talk who was INTERRUPTING Brooks.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

PirateWench8 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:If she is 6, she's not a "baby girl" anymore. I agree with the algorithm theory. It's the reason vloggers call kids "toddlers" until they are actually in kindergarten, sometimes even later. "Toddler" gets more views than "child", or "preschooler". Remember that stupid fake "caught on camera" video of Ollie "helping" Finn get out of his crib? I think Ollie was 5 at the time, and they called it "toddler helps baby brother out of crib", or something along those lines. This is How We Bingham did a bunch of videos when their daughter broke her arm, that all had "toddler" in the title.
Ollie was three almost four at the time. Finn was 19 months old. It was in early June 2017.

Thanks for clarifying. I wasn't sure. But Ollie definitely wasn't a toddler. Finn was. It's definitely a vlogger thing to call a child a "toddler" long after they aren't one anymore.

Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

I remember Katie claiming she felt distant and disengaged with Gaines after Brooks was born. Unfortunately, I think she blames that disconnect with Gaines on baby Brooks!

That is the type of logic she projects and justifies Brooks poor treatment. That's why Gaines has always had a complex with Brooks. I will never forget those nasty Instagram stories Katie posted on Gaines "disciplining" her brother and Katie just going along with it like it was some game. Whether she realizes it or not Katie blames that poor boy for all of their issues. What she said when explaining their debt was just horrific. All of those negative events and terrible choices and then she just had to add "that's also the year Brooks was born". So cruel.

I get that she felt disconnected from Gaines and yes that sucks. Yet I think she forgets that she was already bonded with Gaines and once her post partum was under control I am sure things were fine. Unfortunately, she failed to bond with Brooks (something she had admitted to). Yet she is still so concerned with how she "hurt" 2 year old Gaines. Yet sees no problem with denying Brooks affection when he directly asks got hugs and affirmation. No wonder that kid prefers to be at school.

Tayloch00
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Tayloch00 »

I saw the debt disaster video and dear god are they dumb. Katie is so out of control with money and saying that oh I wont make Gaines wear pants just cause she doesn't like them. She will justify going out and getting her new pants like always. Then adding categories ok holiday expenses isn't bad but that needed to be done all year. She probably will go over board during Christmas and try and justify it. Also cullen saying aldis is expansive I could laugh. I don't get them for a family of four they should spend 400 a month on groceries. She needs to look into jordan page and see her helpful tips on groceries. They are just dumb people that have no idea about money.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Tayloch00 wrote:I saw the debt disaster video and dear god are they dumb. Katie is so out of control with money and saying that oh I wont make Gaines wear pants just cause she doesn't like them. She will justify going out and getting her new pants like always. Then adding categories ok holiday expenses isn't bad but that needed to be done all year. She probably will go over board during Christmas and try and justify it. Also cullen saying aldis is expansive I could laugh. I don't get them for a family of four they should spend 400 a month on groceries. She needs to look into jordan page and see her helpful tips on groceries. They are just dumb people that have no idea about money.
They will never be able to spend less on groceries every month. They don't buy ingredients for specific meals each month or meal plan whatsoever. They buy a ton of junk food and some meat and a few fruits and veggies.

They can't go without any conveniences and will most likely never get out of debt. Katie thinks the kids need new clothes just because it is a new school year. I also call b.s on buying Gaines anything because we know they get a ton of hand me downs from her cousin that are most likely barely worn!

Romeoxsavexme
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Romeoxsavexme »

Cullen has no fucking idea what is going on with the budget. She purposely keeps him in the dark so she can continue to blow money like she’s in Congress.

ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ICantEven »

So they paid off $9000 in debt in the last 4 months while increasing their expenses in several categories. Sounds too good to be true. Even they seemed surprised. I wonder if they are still not paying their mortgage.

I can't imagine anyone is actually watching them for budgeting advice at this point. But if they were, this video did absolutely nothing to help others understand how to also accomplish this amazing feat!
Tayloch00
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Tayloch00 »

ICantEven wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:02 pm So they paid off $9000 in debt in the last 4 months while increasing their expenses in several categories. Sounds too good to be true. Even they seemed surprised. I wonder if they are still not paying their mortgage.

I can't imagine anyone is actually watching them for budgeting advice at this point. But if they were, this video did absolutely nothing to help others understand how to also accomplish this amazing feat!
The only way to accomplish this is to mooch off rich old parents. Her parents are paying off their debt including the mortgage. What they pay is probably the utilities. Her budgeting made no sense like ok holidays fine , kids budget that's a reach for me, but the youtube TV is stupid like your basically poor what is wrong with you? Also, katies compulsive shopping is a huge factor like oh I have to get gaines pants even though she has pants but doesn't like them and I wont force her to wear it like your in debt because of shopping just tell the girl to wear them we all know you have a lot of hammy downs. Cullen needs to stand up for his family and put his foot down and say no more spending unless its absolutely necessary.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Tayloch00 wrote:I saw the debt disaster video and dear god are they dumb. Katie is so out of control with money and saying that oh I wont make Gaines wear pants just cause she doesn't like them. She will justify going out and getting her new pants like always. Then adding categories ok holiday expenses isn't bad but that needed to be done all year. She probably will go over board during Christmas and try and justify it. Also cullen saying aldis is expansive I could laugh. I don't get them for a family of four they should spend 400 a month on groceries. She needs to look into jordan page and see her helpful tips on groceries. They are just dumb people that have no idea about money.
Jordan Page assumes you have a huge freezer and a storage. And some of the stuff she feeds her children looks worse than the stuff Katie cooks.
They're both nuts, and both exploit their kids, but at different ends of the spectrum. Maybe somewhere in the middle, between completely spoiling your child, vs barely throwing a party for him/her (while throwing a big bash for yourself on your own birthday) is the right way.

bootsncats
Amateur
Amateur

Haven't watched the video yet but I'd assume you can pay off $9000 in debt over the last few months BECAUSE YOU HAVEN'T BEEN PAYING YOUR MORTGAGE! And, those payments don't just disappear you bozos... they are tacked on to the back end of your mortgage.
Like the poster above said... this does absolutely nothing to help people who are seriously working to get out of debt. They are a big joke.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”